St. John's Cemetery
Burial site established in 1845; among those interred are U.S. Chief Justice Roger B. Taney, John Boisneuf (one of those who condemned Marie Antoinette), soldiers, politicians, early Jesuits, & Father John McElroy, founder of Boston College. Daily dawn-dusk.
Locations(s)East Third & Fourth Sts. near East St. | Frederick, MD 21701
Local: (301) 662-8288
May We Recommend...
- Learn the story of a town built by the B&O Railroad and recall the lives of railroaders and their families at the Brunswick Heritage Museum
- Take a guided tour through 300 years of Frederick history and stroll through the beautiful gardens at the Museum of Frederick County History
- Visit the expansive Monocacy Aqueduct and view the largest structure on the C&O Canal
- Pay homage to the nation's fallen firefighters and view the 40-foot tall bronze monument honoring the flag raising at Ground Zero at the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial Park
- Explore one of America's finest examples of German colonal architecture at the Schifferstadt Architectural Museum