John Hanson National Memorial
The John Hanson National Memorial honors Frederick's John Hanson, president of the nation's original government under the Articles of Confederation. The Memorial stands in the County Courthouse plaza beside the site of the John Hanson House.
Locations(s)100 W. Patrick St. | Frederick, MD 21701
Local: (301) 874-0235
Fax: (888) 605-2329
May We Recommend...
- Learn the story of a town built by the B&O Railroad and recall the lives of railroaders and their families at the Brunswick Heritage Museum
- Take a guided tour through 300 years of Frederick history and stroll through the beautiful gardens at the Museum of Frederick County History
- Visit the expansive Monocacy Aqueduct and view the largest structure on the C&O Canal
- Pay homage to the nation's fallen firefighters and view the 40-foot tall bronze monument honoring the flag raising at Ground Zero at the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial Park
- Explore one of America's finest examples of German colonal architecture at the Schifferstadt Architectural Museum