The first licensed cidery in Maryland is located on 95 acres in Jefferson, just outside of the historic town of Burkittsville. The farm is protected by both historic and environmental conservation easements due to its history, dating back to the Civil War. The property is officially known as “The Encampment.” During the Civil War—specifically, the Battle of Crampton’s Gap in September of 1862—the farm was used as a camp for Union soldiers (and the farmhouse was used as a Quarter Master’s house).
Closed for the Summer. Will reopen September 1, 2019.