Back To Previous Page
Frederick Town (Hessian) Barracks
101 Clarke Place
Frederick, MD 21705
Closed to the public, pending restoration, except for special events. Completed in 1780, this National Historic Site held captured German soldiers during the Revolution, then it housed a state armory, the county fair, a Civil War hospital, and the first building of Maryland School for the Deaf. Museum exhibits weapons, Civil War militaria, a hearth kitchen, and an antique classroom.