Job Title: Sales and Marketing Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Sales & Marketing
Summary Job Description: Sales and Marketing Coordinator
Visit Frederick (Tourism Council of Frederick County) has a full-time (Monday-Friday) position available for a Sales and Marketing Coordinator. This position reports to the Director of Sales & Marketing and has responsibility of assisting with general sales and marketing efforts including membership, meeting sales goals, preparation for trade shows and follow up on prospective leads. Will collate information about area events organized by others for online promotion on visitfrederick.org and to create printed event calendars. Will also manage an annual event sponsored by Visit Frederick, the Candlelight Tour of Historic Houses of Worship. A well-informed working knowledge of the attractions and services available to visitors to Frederick County is a plus, but not required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Director of Sales & Marketing with trade show preparation and follow up on prospective leads.
- Represent Visit Frederick at 2-3 group leader trade shows per year.
- Act as membership community liaison to Visit Frederick members, including recruitment of new members and maintaining existing members.
- Printed and Online Calendar of Events
- Solicit events from members for online calendar of events and semi-annual printed publications.
- Enter, edit and update calendar of events information in Visit Frederick’s website CRM.
- Collect and organize event images from partners for online calendar of events.
- Sell advertising space for printed calendars as needed.
- Work with graphic design firm to produce printed publication.
- Create a daily calendar of events for monthly distribution to Frederick area hotels.
- Candlelight Tour of Historic Houses of Worship
- Meet with worship sites to plan this popular holiday event organized by Visit Frederick and solicit sponsors for the event.
- Gather information from participating sites for annual program and printed brochure and work with graphic design firm to produce the brochure
- Distribute brochures, posters and materials for the event to participating sites and sponsors and day of the event management, which typically takes place on December 26th.
- Attend community meetings at various organizations to represent the interests of Visit Frederick.
Personal Performance Objectives:
- Maintain online calendar of events to ensure content is correct and always up to date.
- Follow up with prospective leads from trade shows in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 3-5 years of experience in advertising or marketing.
- Experience in coordinating and administering multiple projects simultaneously and in a fast-paced working environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Docs and general knowledge of office equipment is required. Knowledge of Smartsheet is a plus.
- CRM or database/data entry experience is required.
- High standard of accuracy and attention to detail as well as the ability to prioritize work.
- Able to develop and maintain positive relationships with Visit Frederick members.
- The ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a timely manner, sometimes under pressure.
- Demonstrate flexibility and a professional approach at all times.
- Creative and innovative.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a car.
- Ability to travel for trade shows.
- Occasionally lift up to 40 lbs.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary history outlining qualifications in PDF or Word format to: Visit Frederick, Attn: Becky Bickerton via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the SUBJECT: SALES AND MARKETING COORDINATOR BY July 7th.