Summary: This is a part-time and relief position. Hours may vary seasonally, with an average of 75 days annually. In addition to working 3 Sundays and 1 Monday a month, you will provide coverage for vacationing visitor center staff throughout the year. You will be expected to assist with all aspects of visitor services at the Frederick Visitor Center: information desk, visitor statistics, monitoring facilities, assisting with retail sales, inventory. Highest levels of customer services and professionalism required.
Reports to: Visitor Services Manager and Operations Director
- Provides general information about Frederick County, Frederick City and the surrounding region.
- Relays accurate information about programs and events throughout the county and surrounding region.
- Maintains daily visitor and inquiry statistics accurately, according to procedures.
- Processes retail sales using a point of sale system.
- Answers telephone inquiries and fields calls to appropriate staff members.
- Monitor visitor conduct and adherence to building rules.
- Handles and balances cash drawer.
- Completes data entry as assigned, timely and accurately.
- Monitor building site and parking lot.
Qualifications and Skills Preferred:
- Must have a broad general knowledge and interest in Frederick and the surrounding region, particularly visitor services and attractions.
- Must enjoy working with the public, meeting new people, partnering with volunteers.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must have basic to intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; computerized point of sale systems; fax/copy machine operation; using the internet to find information.
- Must be able to read maps, and provide directions.
- Must have initiative to handle routine problems.
- Must be self-motivated and reliable.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
In addition to assigned work shifts, must be willing and able to work additional shifts as needed including weekends and possibly some evenings.
Must be able to move up to 40 lbs.
Training/Supervision: Visitor Services Manager will provide work site orientation which includes layout of the building, emergency and security procedures, names and position of staff members, meeting with supervisor to discuss daily events. On-site training will be provided by management and staff. Visitor Services Associate will attend regular staff meetings.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org