The changing seasons are one of Frederick County’s most charming occasions. As the weather turns from hot to mild and leaves change from green to red, orange, and yellow, fall activities swing into full gear. With a wide variety of farm festivals and city celebrations, Frederick County is the best place to enjoy outdoor fun for the whole family.
- Gaver Farm Fall Festival
- September 3-October 31, 2021
- Enjoy the hayrides, corn maze, farm animal area, jumping pillow, giant slides, mini mazes, pedal karts and more than 60 farm activities. Pick your own pumpkins and apples and enjoy farm fresh food and treats!
- Winterbrook Farms Fall Festival
- September 24-October 31, 2021
- There is something fun for ALL ages with over 20 activities to enjoy. Enjoy 10 acres of 20+ different varieties and colors of U-Pick Pumpkins, Maryland’s largest corn maze with over 5 miles of trails, an interactive farm animal area, a Pumpkin Jump Pillow, Mini Beeline Ziplines, Round Bale Rollers, Giant Corn Box, Apple Cannons, and much more.
- Fall Harvest Festival at Summers Farm
- September 18-October 31, 2021
- With over 45+ fun activities, the farm is the perfect destination for family fun, corporate outings, field trips, Scout outings, and more!
Fall Foliage Spots
- Drive the Journey Through Hallowed Ground National Scenic Byway between Emmitsburg and Frederick
- Hike in Catoctin Mountain Park (NPS) or Cunningham Falls State Park
- Tour or walk through Monocacy National Battlefield
- Visit Catoctin Mountain Orchard
Unique Overnight Stays