The changing seasons are one of Frederick County’s most charming occasions. As the weather turns from hot to mild and leaves change from green to red, orange, and yellow, fall activities swing into full gear. With a wide variety of farm festivals and city celebrations, Frederick County is the best place to enjoy outdoor fun for the whole family.
While some of Frederick's fall festivities are not taking place, there are still plenty of great outdoor options for your family! Check with the locations listed below for additional requirements and safety procedures in place this year. Buy your tickets in advance, as many of these festivals will not allow walk up visitors for the 2020 season.
- Gaver Farm Fall Festival
- September 4-November 3, 2020
- Enjoy the hayrides, corn maze, farm animal area, jumping pillow, giant slides, mini mazes, pedal karts and more than 45 farm activities. Pick your own pumpkins and apples and enjoy farm fresh food and treats!
- Winterbrook Farms Fall Festival
- September 26-November 1, 2020
- Fall festival on the farm with activities for all ages! Five corn mazes, two pumpkin mazes, hay rides, hay forts, hay maze, campfires, and more. Great for birthdays, family outings, and youth groups.
- Fall Harvest Festival at Summers Farm
- September 19 - October 31, 2020
- Hayrides, pick your own pumpkin patch, 12-acre corn maze, slides, farm animals, two jumping pillows, farmer golf, pig races, campfires, delicious farm food, fresh baked goods, apple pie cider donuts.
Fall Foliage Spots
- Drive the Journey Through Hallowed Ground National Scenic Byway between Emmitsburg and Frederick
- Hike in Catoctin Mountain Park (NPS) or Cunningham Falls State Park
- Tour or walk through Monocacy National Battlefield
- Visit Catoctin Mountain Orchard
Unique Overnight Stays