1. Fire In Ice: Carroll Creek Park, Downtown Frederick
Annually in February
Enjoy late night shopping and dining along with beautiful ice sculptures, fire dancers, and an ice playground. Warm up with hot cocoa, s'mores and fire stations throughout Downtown Frederick.
2. Maple Syrup Festival: Thurmont
Annually in March
A working demonstration of the traditional sap-to-syrup process is featured at the Boiling Shed. Interpretive talks, covering the process and history are given by Park Rangers on the hour. Enjoy a delicious pancake breakfast and take home some of the syrup.
3. Maryland Craft Beer Festival: Carroll Creek Park, Downtown Frederick
Annually in May
Over 25 Maryland brewing companies sampling over 175 unique, local beers with exclusive access to small-batch beers and one-of-a-kind casks. A family-friendly environment with live music featuring local bluegrass/Americana/folk music.
4. Frederick Festival of the Arts: Carroll Creek Park, Downtown Frederick
Annually in June
A juried, two-day regional celebration of the arts. Offerings include hundreds of professional artists from over 20 states, representing visual media, performing arts, local art and children's crafts.
5. National Clustered Spires High Wheel Race: Downtown Frederick
Annually in July
America's only High-Wheel (Penny Farthing) bike race featuring racers from across the nation. Watch qualifying heats of racers riding antique or replica 19th Century bikes as they compete for the National Title.
6. The Great Frederick Fair: Frederick Fairgrounds, Downtown Frederick
Annually in September
The 9-day fair includes a carnival midway, nightly grandstand entertainment, international award winning agricultural exhibits, activities and events.
7. Brunswick Railroad Days: Downtown Brunswick
Annually in October
Brunswick Railroad Days is a unique festival which celebrates the city's railroad heritage as one of the largest rail yards in the nation. Visit the Brunswick Railroad Museum, enjoy entertainment, children's activities, artisans, food and of course, trains!
9. Candlelight Tour of Historic Houses of Worship: Various Locations, Downtown Frederick
Annually in December
Visitors can tour many of Frederick’s famous clustered spires churches and other historic houses of worship by candlelight. Enjoy special programs, angelic choirs, and nativity scenes.