Frederick’s African American community worshiped with members of the “Old Hill Church” congregation (located where 35 E. All Saints Street now stands) since 1818. By 1864, the community came into full possession of that facility. In 1912, the current lot was purchased, and by 1921, the present building was completed. In 1968, the church became Asbury United Methodist Church. Asbury is distinguished by its original beautiful stained glass windows, which were memorial and honorary gifts from members and friends. Asbury has always been a church of the community.
asburyumcfmd.org *handicap, restrooms, civil war*
Seasonal Music (4–6pm)
Uplift Dance Group (6–7pm)
Mass Choir (7–8:30pm)
Seasonal Music (8:30–9pm)