Share
Back To Previous Page
Bust of William Barry
101 Clarke Place
Frederick, MD 21701
Details
William Barry was appointed to the Maryland School for the Deaf (MSD) Board of Directors in 1869 when the school was founded, then was appointed to its Executive Committee from 1873. In 1883 he was selected as the Vice President of the MSD Board and in 1897 became its President. He had a deaf daughter who was one of MSD’s first students and graduates.