This 1848 church was built when the congregation outgrew the older stone chapel across the street. It is Greek Revival in design, crowned by twin cupolas. The large auditorium was transformed a century ago when the church evolved from “low church” (pulpit-centered) to “high church” (altar-centered). The pews still display the brass numbered plates from the days when the church was supported by “pew rent.” Although Barbara Fritchie was an active member, her pew was removed in renovations.
All levels of the church are accessible via elevator, which can be located at the Church St. entrance, between the church and Parish House. The new Community Room has been completed.
Organ music on 28-rank organ (4–9pm)