Share
Back To Previous Page
Frederick Hessian Barracks
101 Clarke Place
Frederick, MD 21701
(301) 360-1455
Closed to the public, pending restoration, except for special events. Completed in 1780, this National Historic Site held captured German soldiers during the Revolution, then it housed a state armory, the county fair, a Civil War hospital, and the first building of Maryland School for the Deaf. Museum exhibits weapons, Civil War militaria, a hearth kitchen, and an antique classroom.  
What's Nearby