The Frederick Visitor Center is on the site of the former Frederick Spoke Factory, which was in active production at the end of the 19th century. The current day building's history can be traced to circa-1899, when it was constructed as a warehouse of the Monocacy Valley Canning Company. The site capitalizes on Frederick's location at the hub of a network of highways that fan out like the spokes of a wheel, connecting many of Frederick County's attractions and natural and cultural resources. Exhibit design elements in the building and exhibits also echo this theme. Guests can see the "big picture" of all Frederick County has to offer when they view the orientation film, A Turn of the Wheel.
Open Daily 9am-5:30pm, Winter hours in January and February are 9am-5pm. Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day. Closing noon on Christmas Eve and 3pm New Year's Eve.