Harriet Chapel, Catoctin Episcopal Parish is a small, historic chapel in Catoctin Furnace, two miles south of Thurmont, MD. The chapel is registered as a historic site by the Daughters of the American Revolution and has beautiful gardens with benches for rest and times of peaceful meditation. The Chapel is open 24 hours a day for prayer and for those who would like to see the pre-Civil War Chapel built in 1829 for the workers of the Iron Furnace. Original worshipers were Irish and German immigrants and free and enslaved Africans. A slave burial ground is nearby and the Catoctin Furnace Historical Society and the Catoctin Furnace are within an easy walk. Harriet Chapel continues its ministry with weekly worship services and outreach to the community.