The stone tower is all that remains of the original church built in 1763. Rebuilt in 1881 as Trinity Chapel, its graceful 1807 colonial steeple is the oldest of the “clustered spires of Frederick.” The grave of the pastor who baptized Francis Scott Key is in the old tower, and the steeple houses the historic town clock. A beautiful 1898 stained glass window depicting “Christ in the Temple” is on the second floor. The ten bell chimes in the tower and steeple are played weekly. The building contains a cruciform chapel and the classrooms of the Evangelical Reformed United Church of Christ (see B).
erucc.org *civil war*
Bell chime demonstrations (4–9pm)